Terms & Privacy
Welcome to the Simpler Times website. By visiting our website and/or purchasing something from us, you engage in our service and agree to be bound by the following basic terms of service, including additional terms and conditions referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. Please carefully review all terms in full.
We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service at any time by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of the website following the posting of updates and/or changes constitutes acceptance of them.
The information and materials on this website are provided for general knowledge only and should not be used as the sole basis for making decisions. We provide information and materials for your reference but we do not guarantee their accuracy. We have, for example, made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate. Any reliance on the information and material on this website is at your own risk.
Decriptions, materials, and/or prices for our products are subject to change withouth notice. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the product without notice at any time. We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the product.
We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other materials purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the service will be corrected. Our products are provided 'as is' and 'as available', without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
Your Information and Order
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate customer and order information for all purchases made using our website. When necessary, you agree to promptly update your customer information, including your email address, mailing and billing addresses, and credit card numbers and expiration updates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed. When you place an order through our website, we will maintain your customer and order information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the email and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgement, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers, or distributors.
If you send us feedback, suggestions, creative ideas, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, in person, or otherwise, you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any communications in confidence, (2) to pay compensation for any communications, or (3) to respond any comments.
We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
All materials, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, and written and other materials that are part of this website are copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual property owned, controlled, or licensed by Simpler Times, or, as otherwise noted, are the intellectual property of Simpler Times's partners, suppliers, and/or vendors. The website as a whole is protected by copyright and trade dress, all worldwide rights, titles, and interests in and to which are owned by Simpler Times. The Simpler Times mark and other marks appearing at this website are the trademarks of Simpler Times, its partners, suppliers, and/or vendors.
This website and all its contents are intended solely for personal use. You may download or copy the contents and other downloadable materials displayed on the website for your personal use only. No right, title, or interest in any downloaded materials or software is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading or copying. Except as noted above, you may not reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the contents or the website.
Simpler Times respects our customers' information as private and confidential information and will never sell this information to any outside organizations or individuals.
When you visit the Simpler Times website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the website, and information about how you interact with the website. Additionally, when you are visiting the website, you may be prompted to share your email address as a completely voluntary act.
We use your order information to fufill any orders placed through the website (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use your order information to communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and provide you with information, marketing materials or advertising relating to our products and services.
We share your personal information with select third parties to help us use your personal information, as described above.
- For example, we use Shopify to power our website (online store). You can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the website. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the web page address. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Simpler Times and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis.
- Certain content and/or services available through our website may include materials from third parties. Third party links on this website may direct you to third party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examing or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties. We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third party websites.
- Should any provision of these Terms of Service be held to be void, invalid, unenforceable, or illegal by a court, such provisions shall be valid and enforceable to the extent permitted by law or the applicable rules or bylaws, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions shall not be affected thereby. Failure of Simpler Times to enforce any provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute or be construed as a waiver of such provision or of the right to enforce such provision.
- These Terms of Service shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Montana, without regard to any conflict of law provisions. In any action arising under these Terms of Service, you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the state and/or federal courts of the State of Montana, County of Gallatin and/or the City of Bozeman.
- These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this website or in respect to the service we provide constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of our service and products, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of these Terms of Service). Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.